July - Well the weather held off, and we had a good evening of local talent on display. Casey put together this show for us, and what a show it was. Kicked
off by Holyheads own Magee Brothers, with guest appearances by two American exchange students, then young Josh Hughes entertained us. Casey gave a glimpse of his musical talents and of course we had the Holyhead Male Voice Choir to entertain us as well. We had three surviving family members at the show, Casey Jones, Marilyn Walsh and John Williams (from Aberystwyth).0 Photos to follow. Nearly £600 raised on the night towards the memorial year. Our thanks to John from depth sound for the stage, lighting and sound system....and of course our thanks to those that turned up and supported this event.
July - Well last night was our Round Table cabaret evening, and what a show it was... 350 people packed the marquee to listen to our host Glen Stevens,
Harmonies (3 talented local boys), Owie Glyn (your host at the Branch in Holyhead), Jean Pasqille and finally the "Jerseys".....it was a great evening and proved that you can have a lot of fun in a tent (sorry Davey..Marquee).... Cliff Cigar enjoyed his 15mins of limelight when he was dragged on stage by Louise Pasquill to help out with a couple of raunchy numbers... People dancing all night in aisles, by the bar and on the dance floor. Costs covered and some proceeds towards the Holyhead Round table Charity Account, so if you are a club, group, person who might need help then please write in to
us... time to start planning for 2017....Remember the last Friday in the last FULL weekend in July.....
July - started with Majorettes from all over the northwest descending on Holyhead for the premier dance competition, 21 coaches bringing hundreds of dancers and supporters to Holyhead. This went on All day and finished at 645pm. Carnival parade was the best yet, lead by the RNLI inshore lifeboat from Holyhead and loads of floats. Samba band were brilliant as well. The LL65 Live music fest until 5pm......plus stalls and all the fun of the fair. The evening was a packed house for the total stone roses night plus supporting local bands.....shame a couple of people tried to spoil the night, but on t h e whole
a great night for Holyhead music fans.....
July - started with the Mac 5 + 10 runs followed by the children’s fun run, 2nd year for this event, organised by Emily Walsh in memory of Holyhead John McMullan. Kid’s fun run was great, so much enthusiasm, 10k runners did well, even after a heavy night on Saturday for one of them, 5k run/walk was a bit more sedate for some..... RNLI and Coastguard put on a great display at 1pm, nice to see them all showing off their skills. Our thanks to these guys for kids keeping our waters and cliffs as safe as can be. Both had real shouts over the weekend as well. Cubic Striders once again organ I used a great Breakwater race. Lots of stalls plus the fun of t he fair.....followed by the Eisteddfod Mon music night, what a great line up they had, and broadcast live by Mon FM. Shame it was not better supported, as the acts did a brilliant job....
So that is 2016 over, Monday is the day for dismantling everything. Come down if you want to help..... 2017 is the 30th year for the festival, so looking for volunteers to join us to make it a special one........ also looking for people with ideas and the vision to take us forward......watch this space for details of the meetings etc.
A big thank you to everyone that has worked hard to make the 2016 festival happen, and also to the thousands who attended..... See you all soon.......
Dates for 2017 are: 27th-30th July 2017
Well lots going on behind the scenes, and we only have 7 weeks left before it all has to come together.
Here is a catch up:
1. New stage & lights for 2016 - each year we try to improve the stage, sound and lighting. To achieve this we have taken the plunge and hired a new stage. Quicker to build and take down, so will save us time. Has cost us a lot of money, so if anyone would like to sponsor the stage please let us know (circa £500 for the 4 days).
2. This years festival will be 4 nights and 2 days. Starts Thursday 28th July with a Connemara Fund Raising Event, followed by the Jersey Boys tribute night on the 29th July, 30th July see's a Stone Roses tribute event and Sunday 31st July is a Welsh night organised by the local Esiteddfod committee. Details of all nights will be out shortly.
3. Once again we will have the Majorettes on the Saturday, as well as the Holyhead Carnival and visiting queens etc. We will also have hearts of Oak on site plus all week we have Simons Funfair on site (and without their kind donation we would struggle to meet our costs). Strongman comp is on the Saturday afternoon as well as the LL65 Live music mayhem session. Sunday will see the Mac5 & Mac10 fun runs, and we are arranging to meet with Cybi Strider re the Breakwater element.
4. Sunday again see's the talent from S4C on show between 12-2pm.
5. Volunteers Wanted - to collect glasses, clean up each day, set things up and take things down...Interested? then speak to Davey, Hywel or Alan
This website is to provide information on the annual festival in Holyhead.
This information will include all the activties that are planned for the weekend, and also advise of any sponosrs of the various events that will take place.
The Festival is always the last FULL weekend in July. Traditionally the Friday night is hosted by Holyhead RoundTtable, who organise a comedy / tribute act night. Saturday & Sunday have community based events.